Level 200: Cost Visualization
This hands-on lab will guide you through the steps to visualize your cost and usage. The skills you learn will help you analyze your cost and usage, in alignment with the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Setup Amazon QuickSight
- Configure QuickSight to view your Cost and Usage reports
- Create a dashboard of cost and usage
- A master AWS Account
- Have your Cost and Usage Report (CUR) enabled as per 100_1_Account Setup
- AWS Account Setup has been completed
- Cost_and_Usage_Governance has been completed
- Log in as the Cost Optimization team, created in AWS Account Setup and modified in - Cost_and_Usage_Governance
- NOTE: There may be permission error messages during the lab, as the console may require additional privileges. These errors will not impact the lab, and we follow security best practices by implementing the minimum set of privileges required.
Best Practice Checklist
- [ ] Load your CUR files into Amazon QuickSight
- [ ] Analyze Cost and Usage data visually
Licensed under the Apache 2.0 and MITnoAttr License.
Copyright 2018 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. A copy of the License is located at
or in the "license" file accompanying this file. This file is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.