Level 200: Deploy and Update CloudFormation
This hands-on lab will guide you through the steps to improve reliability of a service by using automation to make changes in your cloud infrastructure. When this lab is completed, you will have deployed and edited a CloudFormation template. Using this template you will deploy a VPC, an S3 bucket and an EC2 instance running a simple web server.
The skills you learn will help you build resilient workloads in alignment with the AWS Well-Architected Framework
By the end of this lab, you will be able to:
- Automate change for your workload
- Document and track changes in code
- Implement infrastructure as a service
If you are running the at an AWS sponsored workshop then you may be provided with an AWS Account to use, in which case the following pre-requisites will be satisfied by the provided AWS account. If you are running this using your own AWS Account, then please note the following prerequisites:
- An AWS Account that you are able to use for testing. This account MUST NOT be used for production or other purposes.
- An Identity and Access Management (IAM) user or federated credentials into that account that has permissions to create IAM Roles, EC2 instances, S3 buckets, VPCs, Subnets, and Internet Gateways
NOTE: You will be billed for any applicable AWS resources used if you complete this lab that are not covered in the AWS Free Tier.
Licensed under the Creative Commons Share Alike 4.0 license.
Code LicenseLicensed under the Apache 2.0 and MITnoAttr License
Copyright 2020 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. A copy of the License is located at
or in the "license" file accompanying this file. This file is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.