Deploying the infrastructure
The CloudFormation template that accompanies this lab requires the ability to create IAM Roles and IAM Instance Profiles. If the account you are using does not have these capabilities, you will not be able to complete this lab.
This step will create the VPC and all components using the example CloudFormation template.
- Download the latest version of the CloudFormation template here: vpc-alb-app-db.yaml
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console, select your preferred region, and open the CloudFormation console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/
- Click Create Stack, then With new resources (standard).
- Click Upload a template file and then click Choose file.
- Choose the CloudFormation template you downloaded in step 1, return to the CloudFormation console page and click Next.
- Enter the following details:
- Stack name: The name of this stack. For this lab, use PerfLab-VPC and match the case.
- Parameters: Parameters may be left as defaults, you can find out more in the description for each.
- At the bottom of the page click Next.
- In this lab, we use tags, which are key-value pairs, that can help you identify your stacks. Enter Owner in the left column which is the key, and your email address in the right column which is the value. We will not use additional permissions or advanced options so click Next. For more information, see Setting AWS CloudFormation Stack Options
- Review the information for the stack. When you’re satisfied with the configuration, at the bottom of the page check I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources with custom names then click Create stack.
After a few minutes the final stack status should change from CREATE_IN_PROGRESS to CREATE_COMPLETE. You can click the refresh button to check on the current status.
You have now created the VPC stack (well actually CloudFormation did it for you).
When the stack status is CREATE_COMPLETE, you can continue to the next step.