Explore your Deployed Infrastructure
Here you will explore the CloudFormation stack you deployed in the previous step.
How many resources were created?
- From the CloudFormation console, click the Resources tab for the CloudFormationLab stack.
- The listing shows all the resources that were created.
- Now, look at the
simple_stack.yaml template (in your text editor) and compare. How many resources are defined there?
- Why did the deployment not create all of the resources?
- You may click below for the answer. Try to figure this out before continuing.
Complare the CloudFormation template to the VPC resource that was created
- Return to the AWS CloudFormation console
- Click the Resources tab for the CloudFormationLab stack. The listing shows all the resources that were created. In this case just the VPC
- Note the Logical ID for the VPC is SimpleVPC. Look at the CloudFormation template file and determine where this name came from
- Under the Resources tab click on the Physical ID link for SimpleVPC
- This takes you to the VPC console where you can see the VPC you created
- Select the checkbox next to your VPC (if not already selected)
- Look at the VPC attributes under the Description tab. How do these compare to the CloudFormation template?