Tear down this lab
When a CloudFormation stack is deleted, CloudFormation will automatically delete
the resources that it created.
If you are attending an in-person workshop and were provided with an AWS account by the instructor:
- There is no need to tear down the lab. Feel free to continue exploring. Log out of your AWS account when done.
If you are using your own AWS account:
- You may leave these resources deployed for as long as you want. When you are ready to delete these resources, see the following instructions
Remove AWS CloudFormation provisioned resources
You will now delete the CloudFormationLab CloudFormation stack.
How to delete an AWS CloudFormation stack
- Go to the AWS CloudFormation console: https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudformation
- Select the CloudFormation stack to delete and click Delete
- In the confirmation dialog, click Delete stack
- The Status changes to DELETE_IN_PROGRESS
- Click the refresh button to update and status will ultimately progress to DELETE_COMPLETE
- When complete, the stack will no longer be displayed. To see deleted stacks use the drop down next to the Filter text box.
- To see progress during stack deletion
- Click the stack name
- Select the Events column
- Refresh to see new events
References & useful resources