The following instructions will remove the resources that have a cost for running them.
Note: If you are planning on doing the lab 300_Incident_Response_with_AWS_Console_and_CLI we recommend you only tear down this stack after completing that lab as their is a dependency on AWS CloudTrail being enabled for the other lab.
Delete the stack:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console, and open the CloudFormation console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/.
- Select the
- Click the Actions button then click Delete Stack.
- Confirm the stack and then click the Yes, Delete button.
Empty and delete the S3 buckets:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console, and open the S3 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3/.
- Select the CloudTrail bucket name you previously created without clicking the name.
- Click Empty bucket and enter the bucket name in the confirmation box.
- Click Confirm and the bucket will be emptied when the bottom task bar has 0 operations in progress.
- With the bucket now empty, click Delete bucket.
- Enter the bucket name in the confirmation box and click Confirm.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 for the Config bucket you created.
References & useful resources
AWS CloudTrail User Guide
AWS CloudFormation User Guide
Amazon GuardDuty User Guide
AWS Config User Guide