Configure Amazon CloudFront
Using the AWS Management Console, we will create a CloudFront distribution, and link it to the AWS WAF
ACL we previously created.
- Open the Amazon CloudFront console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/home.
- From the console dashboard, choose Create Distribution.
- Click Get Started in the Web section.
- Specify the following settings for the distribution:
- In Origin Domain Name enter the DNS or domain name from your elastic load balancer or EC2 instance.
- In the distribution Settings section, click AWS WAF Web ACL, and select the one you created previously.
- After CloudFront creates your distribution, the value of the Status column for your distribution will change from In Progress to Deployed.
- When your distribution is deployed, confirm that you can access your content using your new CloudFront URL or CNAME. Copy the Domain Name into a web browser to test.
For more information, see Testing a Web Distribution in the CloudFront documentation.
- You have now configured Amazon CloudFront with basic settings and AWS WAF.
For more information on configuring CloudFront, see Viewing and Updating CloudFront Distributions in the CloudFront documentation.