The following instructions will remove the resources that have a cost for running them. Please note that
Security Groups and SSH key will exist. You may remove these also or leave for future use.
Delete the CloudFront distribution:
- Open the Amazon CloudFront console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/home.
- From the console dashboard, select the distribution you created earlier and click the Disable button.
To confirm, click the Yes, Disable button.
- After approximately 15 minutes when the status is Deployed, select the distribution and click the Delete
button, and then to confirm click the Yes, Delete button.
Delete the AWS WAF stack:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console, and open the CloudFormation console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/.
- Select the
- Click the Actions button, and then click Delete Stack.
- Confirm the stack, and then click the Yes, Delete button.
References & useful resources
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud User Guide for Linux Instances
Amazon CloudFront Developer Guide
Tutorial: Configure Apache Web Server on Amazon Linux 2 to Use SSL/TLS
AWS WAF, AWS Firewall Manager, and AWS Shield Advanced Developer Guide