Level 300: Incident Response Playbook with Jupyter - AWS IAM
- Ben Potter, Security Lead, Well-Architected
- Byron Pogson, Solutions Architect, AWS
This hands-on lab will guide you through running a basic incident response playbook using Jupyter. It is a best practice to be prepared for an incident, and practice your investigation and response tools and processes. You can find more best practices by reading the Security Pillar of the AWS Well-Architected Framework
The skills you learn will help you secure your workloads in alignment with the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Identify tooling for incident response
- Automate containment for incident response
- Pre-deploy tools for incident response
- An AWS account
that you are able to use for testing, that is not used for production or other purposes.
- An IAM user or role in your AWS account.
NOTE: You will be billed for any applicable AWS resources used if you complete this lab that are not covered in the AWS Free Tier
- CloudTrail must already be enabled in your account and logging to CloudWatch Logs, follow the Automated Deployment of Detective Controls
lab to enable.
References & useful resources